The American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) is accepting speaker proposals for their 2023 annual meetings. The AAO annually holds Winter Conference which takes place January 27-29, 2023, in Las Vegas, NV, and Annual Session which takes place April 22-25, 2023, in Chicago, IL. Orthodontic industry experts from consumer and b2b brands who have a proven track record in successful live presentations are asked to apply.
Interested applicants can propose up to two continuing education courses per meeting for evaluation (and consideration) and are limited to one application per Winter Conference and/or Annual Session open call phase.
The deadline to apply for both events is December 31, 2021, and applications will not be accepted after the deadline. For guidelines and information about the selection process, click here.
Topics to be covered at Winter Conference will include, but not be limited to:
- 3D Printing Basics & Printer Selection
- Applications & Software
- Digital Indirect Bonding
- Appliance Fabrication
- In-house Aligners
- 3D Metal Printing
- 3D Lab Set-up & Workflow
- 3D Printing Economics
- Initial Costs (set-up, training, software, operations, service, maintenance)
- Return on Investment for Practice or Lab
- 3D Printing Challenges & Troubleshooting
- 3D Printing Post-treatment Processing & Regulatory Concerns
- 3D Printing Future Trends
AAO’s Committee on Conferences & Meetings (CCON) has redesigned the industry-leading conference for continuing education. The new program will debut at Annual Session 2023 in Chicago.
Themes to be covered at Annual Session will include, but not be limited to:
- Innovations & Tech Talk – This attendee is eager to discover how our orthodontic specialty is evolving through the lens of technology and innovation
- Clinical Techniques – This attendee is passionate about nurturing existing concepts, applications, and techniques while keeping abreast of advances in clinical subject matter
- Scientific Advances – This attendee is actively exploring the science and research that is advancing our orthodontic specialty forward
- Business Success – This attendee is looking to implement efficient and effective practice management essentials to advance long-term success and stability
- Inspiration & Well-Being – This attendee is enthusiastic about cultivating talent and proactively seeks out opportunities to advance professional and interpersonal relationships
- Engage (morning keynote) – This attendee is excited to connect with peers and colleagues as a united community in support of our orthodontic specialty
ABOUT THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF ORTHODONTISTS
The American Association of Orthodontists represents 19,000 orthodontist members throughout the United States, Canada, and abroad. Founded in 1900, AAO is the world’s oldest and largest dental specialty organization. AAO is dedicated to ethically advancing the art and science of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics worldwide; improving the overall oral healthcare of the public; advocating for the health and safety of the public; educating the public about the benefits of orthodontic treatment provided by an orthodontic specialist.
For more information, visit aaoinfo.org.