One month after the release of a special anti-racism issue of the Journal of Public Health Dentistry, CareQuest Institute for Oral Health is hosting a virtual roundtable discussion on actions and solutions to advance anti-racism in dental public health.
A distinguished panel of experts — all authors within the issue — will examine several topics, including disparities, racism in communities, and the need for diversity in the workforce.
- Eleanor Fleming, PhD, DDS, MPH, FICD, Assistant Dean for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, University of Maryland School of Dentistry (moderator)
- Pamela Alston, DDS, MPP, FACD, Immediate Past President, National Dental Association and Founding Director, Diverse Dental Society
- Patrick Smith, DMD, MPH, Assistant Professor, University of Illinois, Chicago College of Dentistry
- Jill Boylston Herndon, PhD, Managing Member and Principal Consultant, Key Analytics and Consulting, LLC
- Sonya Smith, EdD, JD, Chief Diversity Officer, American Dental Education Association
WHAT: Taking Action to Advance Anti-Racism in Dental Public Health
WHEN: Thursday, June 21, 2022 at 1:00 PM
WHERE: RSVP here.
ABOUT CAREQUEST INSTITUTE FOR ORAL HEALTH
CareQuest Institute for Oral Health is a national nonprofit championing a more equitable future where every person can reach their full potential through excellent health.
We do this through our work in grantmaking, research, health improvement programs, policy and advocacy, and education as well as our leadership in dental benefits and innovation advancements. We collaborate with thought leaders, health care providers, patients, and local, state, and federal stakeholders, to accelerate oral health care transformation and create a system designed for everyone.
To learn more, visit carequest.org and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
FEATURED IMAGE CREDIT: Alexandra_Koch from Pixabay.