Whether you have an amazing once in a lifetime prize or just a box of chocolates a charity auction is great way to get people to put their hands in their pockets. You don’t have to spend any money either, even auctioning mowing someone’s lawn, or washing a car is great way of raising money and helping people out too. In many cases, all you need is time!
What you need
- Donated items which you can auction off. Try your best to make these as useful as possible. Really give people a reason to donate for your prize.
- Someone to act as an auctioneer and a place to hold your auction.
- A camera or smartphone, to take pictures and promote your event and a social media account (Twitter or Facebook). Social media is a great way of getting the word out that your event is happening and all the details people need to know to get involved.
Steps to organise your charity auction
- Ask local business or people to donate products or services which they are happy to auction off.
- Tell us about your auction though our ‘Create a fundraising event’ page so we can help maximise your exposure and achieve your goal. It works just like any other fundraising site that you may have come across in the past. It will tell people all about what your doing and there’s a form they can fill out to donate towards.
- Spread awareness through social media and the local press in order to get more attendees and potential bidders.
- Auction time; get someone to take lots of pictures which you can share online or send to us so we can share with our fundraising community.