Donations to be Distributed through C.H. Robinson to Health Systems and Key Areas by Direct Relief, Heart to Heart International, IsraAid, MAP International, and Project HOPE
Henry Schein, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSIC), in partnership with C.H. Robinson and the C.H. Robinson Foundation, announced its commitment today to donate more than 2.5 million personal protective equipment (PPE) and infection control items through Henry Schein Cares, the Company’s corporate social responsibility program, to enhance the safety of front-line health care workers in Brazil and India as they combat the recent surge in COVID-19 cases.
The donation includes N95 face masks, level 1 face masks, level 2 face masks, coveralls, hand sanitizer, pulse oximeters, isolation gowns, and face shields. In collaboration with logistics partner C.H. Robinson, Henry Schein will distribute these products to several Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs). The NGOs are then planning to redistribute the supplies to health systems and key areas in Brazil and India.
The recipients in India currently include the Baptist Hospital in Bangalore, LNJP Hospital in New Delhi, All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi, Deenanth Mangeshkar Hospital in Pune, Nair Hospital in Mumbai, and the State of Maharashtra. In Brazil, items will be distributed to health care workers in Rio de Janeiro and the State of Sergipe.
“It is critical that we help combat the rise in COVID-19 cases in Brazil and India, where the outbreak is particularly severe,” said Stanley M. Bergman, Chairman of the Board and CEO of Henry Schein, Inc. “Together with our NGO partners, we will continue the urgent task of enhancing the safety of the heroic health care professionals caring for patients battling the COVID-19 virus.”
Henry Schein’s NGO partners in this effort are as follows:
- Direct Relief is a humanitarian aid organization, active in all 50 states and more than 80 countries, with a mission to improve the health and lives of people affected by poverty or emergencies – without regard to politics, religion, or ability to pay;
- Heart to Heart International is a global humanitarian organization that improves access to health and responds to the needs of people affected by disasters worldwide;
- IsraAID is an Israel-based non-governmental organization that responds to emergencies all over the world with targeted humanitarian help;
- MAP International is a non-profit humanitarian organization providing medicines and health supplies to millions of people worldwide so they might experience life to the fullest; and
- Project HOPE is a global health and humanitarian relief organization that is committed to placing power in the hands of local health care workers to save lives across the globe.
About Henry Schein, Inc.
Henry Schein, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSIC) is a solutions company for health care professionals powered by a network of people and technology. With more than 20,000 Team Schein Members worldwide, the Company’s network of trusted advisors provides more than 1 million customers globally with more than 300 valued solutions that help improve operational success and clinical outcomes. Our Business, Clinical, Technology, and Supply Chain solutions help office-based dental and medical practitioners work more efficiently so they can provide quality care more effectively. These solutions also support dental and medical laboratories, government and institutional health care clinics, as well as other alternate care sites.
Henry Schein operates through a centralized and automated distribution network, with a selection of more than 120,000 branded products and Henry Schein private-brand products in stock, as well as more than 180,000 additional products available as special-order items.
A FORTUNE 500 Company and a member of the S&P 500® index, Henry Schein is headquartered in Melville, N.Y., and has operations or affiliates in 31 countries and territories. The Company’s sales reached $10.1 billion in 2020, and have grown at a compound annual rate of approximately 12 percent since Henry Schein became a public company in 1995.
For more information, visit Henry Schein at www.henryschein.com, Facebook.com/HenrySchein, Instagram.com/HenrySchein, and Twitter.com/HenrySchein.