Oral-B has revealed its most advanced rechargeable electric toothbrush yet – the Oral-B IO.
It creates a balance between effectiveness and experience and reinvents how a brush not only performs, but cleans and feels.
‘Oral-B is committed to continually advancing our technology to provide a superior* clean, while also perfecting the art of brushing for the most enjoyable experience,’ says Ian Barton research and development senior director.
‘We re-engineered our iconic round brush head technology and combined oscillation rotation with the gentle energy of micro-vibrations to deliver a gentle, sensational clean patients can’t resist.’
‘Best ever clean’
Its key features include:
- Deep, but uniquely gentle clean: Oral-B’s iconic round brush head contours each tooth. The combination of oscillation rotations with the gentle energy of micro-vibrations allows Oral-B IO to provide a gentle clean – even along the gumline
- Pressure optimisation: the new smart pressure sensor light protects gums by turning green when applying optimal pressure and red when pressure is too hard
- Precision: the new innovative frictionless magnetic drive system transfers the energy towards the tips of the bristles. It is concentrated where it is needed most. The result is Oral-B’s best ever clean with six times more effective plaque removal along the gumline*.
Additionally, it boasts an interactive display that allows users to personalise their brushing experience.
This includes different brushing modes, welcome greetings, battery life icons, preferred icon colours and language settings.
It is also available in a range of different colours and comes with a new magnetic charger – offering full battery life in about three hours.
The new series includes 3D teeth tracking technology with AI-enabled brushing recognition to track the lingual and buccal areas of the three bottom and upper jaw areas – as well as occlusal surfaces.
Following an eight-week clinical study, Oral-B IO stood out when compared to manual toothbrushes.
Those using the Oral-B app brushed for an average of 2 minutes and 27 seconds. In comparison, patients using a regular manual toothbrush averaged less than a minute.
Patients also experienced:
- Twice as much plaque removal, and six times more plaque removal along the gumline
- Leading to improved gum health and 100% healthier gums in only one week.
‘Oral-B IO’s innovative advances give patients a sensational clean and an enjoyable, truly one-of-a-kind brushing experience. It will encourage cleaner teeth and healthier gums,’ says Dr Ian Dunn, specialist periodontist.
‘Dental professionals can confidently recommend Oral-B IO, knowing that patients are brushing with Oral-B’s most superior electric rechargeable toothbrush.’
*versus a regular manual toothbrush
For more information about Oral-B IO, visit contest.io.oralb.co.uk.