Join Les Jones, Eddie Crouch and Lisa Bainham as they talk about a return to ‘normal’ on Tuesday 20 July at 19:00.
A year has passed since face-to-face care resumed. But what impact has COVID-19 had on NHS dentistry?
With Healthwatch England pointing to NHS patient waiting times of up to three years and PPE and fallow time impacting the workforce both now and in the long term, the big question that Nigel Jones, Eddie Crouch and Lisa Bainham will discuss is – can NHS dentistry return to ‘normal’, and should it?
Join Nigel, Eddie and Lisa for this live webinar where they’ll talk about:
- The impact the 60% UDA target is having on NHS practices and if that level of dentistry is achievable
- How PPE, fallow time, policies and procedures are resulting in an access crisis
- The backlog of missed dental appointments and guidance on how to sensitively manage patient expectations
- The impact the pandemic has had on the mental health of those working within the constraints of the NHS
- Recruitment, retention and the number of dentists considering their future in the profession or reducing their NHS commitment
- The roadmap to ease restrictions and what the future holds for NHS dentistry.
Plus, there’ll be a Q&A throughout where you can ask Nigel, Eddie and Lisa any burning questions you may have!
Nigel Jones is sales and marketing director at Practice Plan, specialist provider of practice-branded dental plans.
He has supported the development of successful private practices throughout the majority of his 30-year career.
Practice Plan has supported over 1,500 dental practices to transform the profitability of their business through the combination of a well-populated plan and personalised support including marketing, business advice, events and training.
Eddie was elected as chair of the board at the BDA in September 2020. Before that, he served as deputy chair between 2014 and 2020. He was secretary of Birmingham Local Dental Committee for over 10 years and was also chair.
Eddie qualified in 1984 from Kings and now provides orthodontic care for patients in south Birmingham in two locations, having previously been a clinical assistant in orthodontics.
He has previously chaired the Annual Conference of LDCs and the West Midlands Association of LDCs, held the post of president of the Central Counties Branch and served on the GDPC Committee for over 10 years.
Speaker: Lisa Bainham
Lisa Bainham began her career as a dental nurse in 1994. She became practice manager at The Old Surgery Dental Practice in Crewe in 1998.
Since then, Lisa has gained a wealth of knowledge and is currently supporting other practice managers in her role as president of ADAM (The Association of Administrators and Managers), as well as becoming a well-known name within the dental industry.
To sign up and watch this webinar for free, visit dentistry.co.uk/webinar.
Catch up with previous on demand webinars:
- How to work less, earn more and have more time…my methods revealed!
- Social media and dentistry – the biggest thing to happen to our profession since the invention of the radiograph
- Managing periodontal diseases in primary care using the Healthy Gums Do Matter toolkit
- Thinking about moving to private practice?
- Head and neck cancer care in the general practice setting.