Dr Ben Atkins will speak about National Smile Month and how it can help you reach your goals at this week’s Oral Health Summit.
FMC is excited to kick off the Oral Health Summit on Friday 28 May 2021 hosted in conjunction with our charity partner, the Oral Health Foundation and National Smile Month.
The virtual event – which is completely free to attend – will provide delegates the latest learnings and approaches in line with the British Society of Periodontology’s latest guidelines.
This fully interactive online exhibition will host a spectrum of lectures where leading speakers will showcase the most current clinical thinking.
What’s more, delegates can also gain six hours of enhanced CPD – and you can browse at your own leisure.
Running from 8:30am to 5:30pm, the easy-to-access on-demand lectures mean you can tune it at any point throughout the day.
Ben Atkins will deliver a lecture discussing how to make National Smile Month work for you. Discover how the campaign can help you achieve business goals, better relationships, good PR and better digital dentistry.
The lecture will present material that will provide an understanding of National Smile Month:
- Learning what National Smile Month is and what happens during the charity campaign
- How to use the campaign to create a patient journey
- A guide for how to take part in National Smile Month as an individual and practice
- Information on developing relationships with patients outside of the dental practices, and forging contacts with community groups
- Team building as a practice, growing a presence in local press and fundraise advice.
Dr Ben Atkins
Dr Ben Atkins is the President of the Oral Health Foundation and general dental practitioner. Prior to his current role, Ben has been a long-standing Trustee for the charity.
Ben also owned a group of dental practices in the North West of England.
His main drive in-practice is education of his patients, this is demonstrated in the practice mission statement: ‘Our mission is for all our patients to understand their mouths, preventative regime and treatment.’
As a clinician, Ben is a former tutor at Manchester Dental Hospital and a Dentist with Specialist Interest (DWSI) in restorative dentistry. His practices have a number of separate NHS contracts that cater for the oral health needs of the hard-to-reach groups as well as the general population within the current NHS Dental Pilot.
Ben encourages his staff to improve the oral health of hard-to-reach patients in the UK and overseas. He has provided a mobile dental surgery in Tanzania and three of his team have undertaken voluntary work in that surgery.
His expertise away from the surgery includes – press and Parliamentary representative for the British Dental Association; former healthcare commission adviser on dental complaints; co-optee of the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) Public Health Advisory Committee; member the periodontal steering group for the Department of Health (DoH), chairman of Salford Local Dental Committee (LDC), performance list panel member for NHS England and ambassador for Wrigley’s.
Ben is also a father of two, husband and beekeeper.
To sign up to the Oral Health Summit visit www.dentistry.co.uk/shows/oral-health-summit.
Other lectures at the Oral Health Summit include:
- Management of periodontal disease: the BSP Implementation of treatment of Stage I-III periodontitis – the EFP S3 Level Clinical Practice Guideline
- Person centred care: rhetoric or requirement?
- Optimising oral health in the Invisalign journey
- GBT: the simple solution for clinical and business success
- Minimally invasive dentistry: an approach to prevention and risk management of dental caries
- The smart way to provide preventative oral care for a profitable practice
- A practising dentist’s guide to using oral hygiene to reduce stress in everyday practice.
The post Oral Health Summit – National Smile Month: making it work for you appeared first on Dentistry.co.uk.