Cut the chatter in the office completely and get your team involved in a sponsored silence for the day. Everyone can ask their friends and family for donations.
This is also a great event to raise awareness of mouth cancer as many patients lose some of their ability to communicate.
What you need
- A sign or flyer to explain what you are doing.
- A social media account which will help you spread awareness of the event and why it’s happening.
Steps to organise your sponsored silence
- Let people know what you are doing and why through social media, flyers and word of mouth.
- Get people to pledge donations for your silence.
- Let us know what you’re up to so we can help promote it and build more support.Tell us about your event though our ‘Create a fundraising event’ page so we can help maximise your sponsorship and achieve your goal. It works just like any other fundraising site that you may have come across in the past. It will tell people all about what your doing and there’s a form they can fill out to donate.
- Hold your sponsored silence, have a flyer handy so you can let people know what you’re doing.
- Take lots of pictures and share them with our community on social media.
- Let us know what you have achieved and send your raised finds to us to help us continue our work.