Pick a date and wish for good weather.
Why not organise a school-style sports day or outdoor activity?
Make the activities as serious or as fun as you like – from hurdles to an egg and spoon race – make sure that there’s something for everyone.
This activity is really easy to setup, great fun and also helps you get fit.
What you need
- A group of willing participants.
- A field, sports hall or open space to hold events. You may need to do a little bit of research here to find somewhere suitable and accessible.
- Prizes for the winners and losers. This will make sure everyone is kept in high spirits even after the event has finished.
- A smartphone or camera to take lots of pictures.
- A social media account (Twitter or Facebook). Make sure you use your reach on social media to your advantage. Let them know what you’re planning to do and share pictures of the event on there on the day that it happens. If it looks like fun then the next time you’re planning something like this, more people may be interested.
Steps to start your sports day
- Decide the extent of your event, anything from an egg and spoon race, a charity football match or full on sports day, whatever best fits you.
- Get people involved, print posters, fliers and use social media to create interest.
- Tell us about your sponsored event though our ‘Create a fundraising event‘ page so we can help maximise your fundraising and achieve your goal. It will work just like any other fundraising website you may have come across in the past. It will contain information about the event you’re planning and there’s a section that will allow people to donate.
- Get sponsorship for individual events or ask people to pay a participation fee to help raise fundraise.
- Hold your sporting event, have fun and take lots of pictures to share with us and online.