Shazad Saleem will talk about a stepwise approach to periodontics during a free webinar on the 28 October at 19:00.
During this webinar, Shazad will:
- Give an understanding the 2017 classification of periodontal diseases and conditions. And how to implement it into practice using the British Society of Periodontology’s implementation plan
- Discuss the new BSP’s UK version of the new European S3 guidelines for treating periodontitis
- Give an understanding on how to assess patient engagement and its importance in treating periodontal diseases. Introduce some of the resources available in the Health Gums Do Matter toolkit
- To introduce how to deliver phased care for periodontitis patients using the new S3 guidelines under the UDA banding system.
Delegates will have an understanding of the 2017 classification system for periodontal diseases and the new S3 guidelines for treating periodontitis.
Shazad Saleem graduated from St Bartholomew’s and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry in 2002.
Having completed his vocational training and a year as an SHO in maxillofacial surgery, he returned to general dental practice where he completed his diploma of membership of the Faculty of Dental Surgery (MFDS) examination. He has also completed a masters in research (MDPH (MRes)) at the University of Manchester as a part of an in-practice fellowship training award from the National Institute of Health Research.
He now operates four dental practices in the north west of England with three other partners. They deliver NHS dental care in some of the most deprived areas in the north west.
He has been involved in a number of projects including the original service redesign pilot in Oldham and Salford.
Shazad is currently chair of the Perio Subgroup for Greater Manchester LDN. He has been leading the development of implementing an evidence-based care pathway approach for managing periodontal disease into NHS dental practice called Healthy Gums Do Matter.
He also delivers training on how to implement Health Gums Do Matter into practice with Health Education England.
Shazad has recently been appointed joint chair of The Education Advisory Committee for the British Society of Periodontology (BSP) and is also a BSP faculty member.
To register for this webinar, simply visit www.dentistry.co.uk/webinar.
Catch previous On Demand webinars:
- A seamless patient journey, with Dentally
- NHS dentistry discussed: no change is not an option
- The secrets to building a successful digital patient journey that will make you, your team and your patients smile
- Redefining aesthetics: a 3D approach
- The power, art, synergy and simplicity of digital dentistry.