The “Global Dental Insurance Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Coverage (Dental Preferred Provider Organizations, Dental Health Maintenance Organizations), Type (Major, Basic), Demographic, Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2023-2030” report is now available on ResearchAndMarkets.com.
The global dental insurance market size is projected to reach USD 390.3 billion by 2030, with a CAGR of 9.3%, according to the report. The growth is attributed to increasing dental care awareness, rising costs of dental treatment, and an aging population requiring continuous dental care. The World Health Organization notes that oral health varies throughout life, from early years to old age, making it an integral part of general health. Raising awareness about dental health not only instills confidence but also helps individuals maintain good oral health, directly impacting the demand for dental insurance as people opt for quality dental treatments.
The aging population is expected to drive market growth in the coming years, given the high prevalence of dental issues among the elderly. For example, in 2021, nearly all adults aged 65 and above had a tooth cavity, and 1 in 5 individuals had untreated tooth decay, as reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The elderly require more dental care due to increased incidences of tooth loss and other oral diseases compared to younger individuals. Consequently, they seek dental insurance coverage to manage the associated treatment costs, contributing to the growth of the dental insurance industry.
Dental Insurance Market Report Highlights:
- The DPPO segment dominated the market in 2022, with dental preferred provider organizations delivering various dental services to members through a network of contracted dental care providers. The plan covers most dental preventive and diagnostic services.
- The preventive segment led the market in 2022, with preventive care being a preferred treatment option for individuals looking to prevent dental diseases.
- The senior citizen segment accounted for over 41.0% of total revenue, driven by a high incidence of dental and gum diseases and tooth loss among the elderly.
- The adult segment is expected to show significant growth during the forecast period due to changing awareness trends toward oral care and a higher demand for preventive treatments.
- North America held the largest market share of 43% in 2022, attributed to advanced healthcare infrastructure, regulatory expertise, and substantial research and development investments.
Key Topics Covered:
- Methodology and Scope
- Executive Summary
- Market Variables, Trends, & Scope
- Coverage Business Analysis
- Type Business Analysis
- Demographics Business Analysis
- Regional Business Analysis
- Competitive Landscape
- Ameritas Life Insurance Corp
- United HealthCare Services
- Metlife Services & Solutions
- Delta Dental Plans Association
- HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
- United Concordia
For more information about this report, visit ResearchAndMarkets.com.
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products, and the latest trends.