izzo®, a partner to Premier Dental®, a global developer, manufacturer, and distributor of dental and medical products, is pleased to introduce izzo®: a professionally inspired 4-in-1 Oral Care System that delivers the highest level of at-home hygiene care to patients.
The first and only of its kind, izzo is more than an ordinary toothbrush. It is a comprehensive oral care system that contains virtually everything consumers need to achieve optimal oral health in between their visits with dental professionals. The system includes:
- An advanced power handle,with three speeds (Ultra, Daily, and Gentle), that features a timer to help ensure patients brush for the recommended amount of time.
- Interchangeable oscillating heads to attach to the power handle:
- A brush head with soft bristles and a polishing cup for at-home stain removal. When used with the included izzo Enamel Polishing Paste, the system has been shown to remove surface stains and soft plaque 73% better than advanced whitening toothpastes,*1 and does so safely, with 45% less abrasion on the teeth.*1
- A scaler to remove plaque and debris from hard-to-clean places between the teeth and above the gumline. It is made from medical grade polymer and designed specifically for at-home use, with a flexible tip that is safe for consumers.
- A UVC sanitizing case, which kills 99.99% of germs,†1 including bacteria and viruses, that can hide on the brush head and polishing cup head.
“After 41 years as a dental hygienist, I have encountered many products for at-home use, and with izzo, I can say it is a revolutionary system that provides a comprehensive clean,” said Lil Caperila, RDH, BSDH, MEd, and Manager of Continuing Professional Education at Premier Dental. “I recommend it to all of my family, friends, and colleagues, so they can be empowered to take charge of their oral health in between visits to their dental professional.”
With izzo, professionals and their patients can feel confident in the efficacy of the 4-in-1, as it is based in science and data. Shown to be superior to advanced whitening toothpastes regarding removal of surface stains and soft plaque, the system also has 93% better cleaning efficiency than advanced whitening toothpastes.‡1
“izzo and its four steps—brush, polish, scale, and sanitize—were inspired by dental professionals and what they do every day, and that is so important to us,” said Julie Charlestein, izzo Founder and CEO, and CEO of Premier Dental. “Our goal is and has always been to be a partner to dental professionals. We want to complement the great care they provide in their offices, by delivering an oral care system that can help improve and maintain oral health on the days their patients aren’t seeing them.”
The izzo 4-in-1 Oral Care System is now available through Benco Dental™, one of the nation’s largest dental distributors. izzo will be officially unveiled to dental professionals at this year’s Chicago Dental Society Midwinter Meeting (booth #4102). To learn more about the system and the izzo Professional Program, visit izzosmile.com.
*Based on average stain removal and abrasion of 26 advanced cleaning/whitening toothpastes from leading brands
†Supported by microbiology testing – Technical Standards for Disinfection, Ministry of Health of PCR, Edition 2002, section 2 (18.104.22.168.). Guangdong Detection Center of Microbiology
‡As measured by the Cleaning Efficiency Index (ratio of stain removal to dental abrasion) of 26 advanced cleaning/whitening toothpastes
1. Data on file