Ten dentists in Massachusetts have been honored as the 2023 recipients of the 10 Under Ten awards by the Massachusetts Dental Society (MDS). Established by the MDS in 2005, the annual list highlights ten new dentists in Massachusetts and their diverse impacts on the dental profession. To qualify for the recognition, dentists must have graduated from dental school within the past ten years, be an MDS member, and have made significant contributions to the profession, their community, and organized dentistry.
The 10 Under Ten honorees are featured in the Spring 2023 issue of the Journal of the Massachusetts Dental Society, published May 5. The dentists were honored earlier this year at Yankee Dental Congress in Boston. The Yankee Dental Congress is one of the top dental meetings in the country, held annually in New England and is presented by the MDS in cooperation with the dental societies of Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
This year’s honorees are:
- Sama Abdul-Aziz, DMD, a general dentist practicing in Boston, MA
- Jonathan Batlle, DMD, a general dentist practicing in Westwood, MA
- Joshua Hurlburt, DDS, pediatric dentist practicing in Newton Centre, MA
- Manish Juneja, DMD, a general dentist practicing in New Bedford, MA
- Justine Karanian, DMD, a general dentist practicing in South Deerfield, MA
- Hongsheng Liu, DMD, an endodontist practicing in Methuen, MA
- Kyle Medeiros, DMD, a general dentist practicing in Fall River, MA
- Anisha Pandya, DMD, a general dentist practicing in Boston, MA (formerly)
- Samantha Parad, DMD, RN, a general dentist practicing in Boston, Brighton, and Wakefield, MA
- Daniel Tracy, DDS, a general dentist practicing in Seekonk, MA
About the Massachusetts Dental Society
The Massachusetts Dental Society (MDS), a 5,000+-member professional association and statewide constituent of the American Dental Association, is dedicated to the professional development of its member dentists through initiatives in education, advocacy, and the promotion of the highest professional standards. It also champions the oral health of residents across the Commonwealth.
For more information, visit massdental.org, and follow the MDS on Twitter @MassDental.