Dan Shaffer and Wayne Hirschowitz will discuss streamlining dentists’ time with aligner treatment during a webinar on 4 May at 19:00.
Delegates will appreciate the importance of dentist inclusion in treatment planning and delivery of clear aligner treatments. Following discussion of two cases, delegates will understand the value of case selection, patient assessment prior to treatment initiation and the dentists’ role in carrying out IPR and placing attachments.
Join Dan and Wayne in conversation. They will discuss the implications of dentist inclusion on key aspects of clear aligner treatments:
- Managing cases negatively impacted by the non-inclusion of dentists
- How they overcame challenges brought about by dentist non-involvement and delivered a quality outcome for their patient
- Managing IPR, attachments and self-impression technique
- Managing patient expectations
- The importance of thorough assessment
- Gaining consent and keeping your patient informed
- Identification of expectations: are they realistic or unrealistic?
- Clarity of case endpoint
- Managing medicolegal implications
- Discussing the patients’ previous experience in an ethical way
- Differentiating between apology, responsibility and liability
- The importance of documentation.
Dan is an experienced dentist and dental technician. He has a passion and flair for all things digital.
His dental practice, a private digital restorative practice in Hertfordshire, is well respected in the area by patients and dental professionals alike.
Over the past two decades he has been committed to training dental professionals on behalf of Dental Protection Ltd. Dan has taught at GKT and delivered many in practice training programmes.
He is an experienced broadcaster and filmmaker delivering countless lectures and training courses on dentolegal and digital dental subjects in the UK and abroad.
Dr Dan Shaffer is co-founder and clinical lead of Active Aligners UK.
Wayne qualified in South Africa in 1988, completed post graduate training in 1998. He is a dental practice owner in Edgware, Middlesex as well as in Cranbrook, Kent and was ex clinical director of Vantage Health; an IT telemedicine company.
Wayne has a special interest in forensic odontology. He has been deployed abroad attending mass disaster incidents. His love of teaching encompasses both at his alma mater as well as mentoring troubled young people.
As an experienced clinical dentist, Wayne’s vision is to offer affordable, quality orthodontics through clear aligners.
Aligner therapy is traditionally supplied through large corporates or controversially, direct to consumer. However, Active Aligners’ philosophy is ‘for dentists by dentists’.
Dr Wayne Hirschowitz is co-founder of Active Aligners UK.
To register for this webinar, simply visit www.dentistry.co.uk/webinar.
Catch up with previous On Demand webinars:
- How to acquire patients who are more like raving fans with a world-class patient experience
- Buying and selling a dental practice with Peter Cummings
- Thinking of retiring? We can help you get your ducks in a row
- Clinical Dentistry: The complete guide to smile makeovers with porcelain veneers
- Complete your implant practice with full arch treatment.