Nearly 40 dentistry and dental hygiene students at nine colleges and universities across the country are collectively receiving $270,000 in scholarship assistance for the 2023-2024 school year from United Concordia Dental and the United Concordia Dental Charitable Fund.
“Every year, United Concordia gives thousands of dollars in scholarship support to students aspiring to be dentists and dental hygienists,” said Ed Shellard, DMD, president and CEO, United Concordia. “Through this funding, we hope to alleviate some of the financial stress for students pursuing a career in the dental field so they can better focus on achieving their academic and career goals.”
Colleges and universities benefiting from the funding are:
- Community College of Denver; Dental Hygiene program
- Community College of Philadelphia; Dental Hygiene program
- Houston Community College; Dental Hygiene program
- Howard University College of Dentistry; Dental program
- Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry; Dental program
- University of New Mexico; Dental Hygiene program
- UT Health San Antonio School of Dentistry; Dental program
- University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine; Dental and Dental Hygiene programs
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry; Dental and Dental Hygiene programs
Read the full press release.