Henry Schein Orthodontics™, the orthodontics business of Henry Schein, Inc., is pleased to announce its 2023 European Carriere Symposium that will take place from 5 to 6 October 2023, at the Hotel Martinez, in Cannes, France.
This Symposium will focus on the latest advances in Class II correction on Thursday, 5 October 2023, and Class III correction on Friday, 6 October 2023, including examples of Class III correction that previously would have been surgical cases. Additional topics covered will include how to harness the power of self-ligating brackets and the hybridisation of aligner cases. There will also be three optional interactive workshops to allow participants to practice new skills in a hands-on format. Topics include correcting Class II and Class III, maximising the benefits of self-ligating brackets, and treatment planning with clear aligners. The workshops are designed for participants to leave the symposium confident in their new skills and feel better prepared to use them in practice immediately.
During speaker panel reviews held at the end of each day, participants have the chance to submit their own complex case for evaluation and live discussion on stage by the speakers. This provides insights into each speaker’s approach to the case and allows for debates about the different perspectives and their merits.
“Henry Schein Orthodontics is looking forward to hosting this best-in-class educational event with exceptional speakers to continuously help to move orthodontic education forward,“ said Steve Boggan, President Henry Schein Orthodontics and Chief Commercial Officer – Global Oral Reconstructive Group.
The Symposium will include lectures from experts specializing in Class II and III treatment:
- Dr. Luis Carrière: Dr. Carrière is the inventor of the evidence-based Sagittal First™ Philosophy powered by the Carriere® Motion 3DTM Appliance. Dr. Carrière obtained his dental degree from the University of Complutense in Madrid (UCM). He then attended the University of Barcelona (UB) where he completed his Orthodontic training and received his Master of Science in Orthodontics. In 2006, he received his Doctorate in Orthodontics, Cum Laude, from the University of Barcelona (UB). Dr. Carrière is a member of the Editorial Review Board for the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, as well as an invited professor at several Orthodontic departments throughout the world. He also maintains his private practice in the Carrière Orthodontic Centre in Barcelona, Spain
- Dr. James A. McNamara: Dr. McNamara is a graduate of the University of California Berkeley, USA He received his dental and orthodontic education at the University of California San Francisco and a Doctorate in Anatomy from the University of Michigan, USA. Dr. McNamara holds an Endowed Professorship in the Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry in the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, US as well as a professorship in the University of Minnesota Medical School and in the Center for Human Growth and Development, a research unit on the Ann Arbor campus in Michigan, USA. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics and a Fellow of the American College of Dentists and past-president of the Midwest Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists.
- Dr. Lorenzo Franchi: Dr. Franchi received his dental education at the Dental School of the University of Florence, Italy. He completed his PhD in Preventive Orthodontics at the Department of Orthodontics there as well. Dr. Franchi is presently Full Professor, Director of the Postgraduate Orthodontic Program of the University of Florence and Dean of the School of Dentistry at the University. He is also “Thomas M. Graber Visiting Scholar”, Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA. Dr. Franchi currently is a member of the Editorial Board of the Angle Orthodontist and Associate Editor of the European Journal of Orthodontics and Progress in Orthodontics.
- Dr. Ana-María Cantor: Dr. Cantor obtained her dental degree from the Pontifi cia Javeriana University in Bogota, Colombia. She then continued her studies and completed the Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics postgraduate program at Uni C.I.E.O. in Bogota, Colombia. Dr. Cantor is the Director of Clínica Dental Odontokids in Malaga, Spain. In addition to her private practice, she is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO), World Federation of Orthodontists (WFO), European Orthodontic Society (EOS) and the Sociedad Española de Ortodoncia (SEDO).
- Dr. Peri Colino: Dr. Colino is a Professor at the European University Miguel de Cervantes and a Professor of the Master in Orthodontic and Dentofacial Orthopedic programme at the University of Alcalá de Henares (ITECO), Spain. He obtained his Ph.D. from the University of Extremadura with Maximum qualification, “Sobresaliente Cum laude”. Dr. Colino is currently the coordinator of Degree of Expert in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics at The University of Extremadura.
Networking opportunities will be available to allow participants to share their experiences with other peer professionals from around the world. As in prior years, the event is expected to sell-out, bringing together leading orthodontic speakers and forward-thinking attendees in a powerful learning environment. To register, please visit www.CarriereSymposium.com.