MouthWatch, LLC, an industry leader in teledentistry solutions and dental intraoral cameras, is marking 2023 as a year defined by its commitment to continuous innovation, development of new technology solutions, and helping dental professionals increase access to care, improve oral health, and deliver excellence in patient experience.
“As we reflect on 2023 and look ahead to 2024 and beyond, we are so proud of what we have accomplished, grateful for the recognition we have received, and excited about the growing role MouthWatch solutions play in addressing the needs of today’s patients, healthcare professionals, and organizations focused on patient health,” said Brant Herman, founder and chief executive officer of MouthWatch and Dentistry One.
2023 was an exciting year for MouthWatch, as it continued to bring new and exciting solutions to the marketplace:
- Virtual Care Innovation: MouthWatch launched One; a virtual-first dental care network built to break down barriers to oral health care, address the expectations of today’s modern healthcare consumers, the need for greater efficiency in healthcare, and the proven connection between good oral health and overall health. Dentistry.One features on-demand dental consultations, personalized care coordination, and oral health coaching for prioritizing oral health.
- Congressional Briefing: Mr. Herman joined other distinguished leaders in dental innovation at a Congressional Briefing in Washington, D.C., hosted by the Dental Trade Alliance, to share insights and experience about how teledentistry and artificial intelligence can improve both access to dental care and patient outcomes.
- Founder Recognition: Herman was named among NJBIZ Magazine’s “2023 People to Watch in Healthcare.” He was also named by the American Mobile and Teledentistry Alliance as one of the “Top 50 Teledentistry Leaders to Know in 2023,” along with three other company Directors.
- Leadership Team Growth: New leadership roles were created to ensure continued growth and success of MouthWatch and Dentistry One
- Carolyn Brown, DDS: Brown assumed the role of Chief Dental Officer at Dentistry One. She first joined MouthWatch in 2022 as Chief Health Innovation Officer, a position she continues to hold.
Dr. Brown is nationally recognized for her focus on helping individuals and organizations achieve growth, improve health outcomes, leverage digital innovation, and bridge the gap across the medical-dental divide. She was instrumental in helping to launch Dentistry.One.
Dr. Brown’s training at Dartmouth during the early days of value-based care and ACO formation isinvaluable in the understanding of big data, diagnostic codes, healthtech, and risk-based partnerships. Previously, Dr. Brown has held academic positions at two dental schools, with over $20 million in research-related grant funding, and was amongst the first in the country to explore new models of dental care, including mobile and teledentistry.
- Sharity Ludwig, EPDH, MS: Ludwig joined Dentistry One as Senior Director of Clinical Operations. In this pivotal role, she oversees the development and implementation of innovative clinical strategies and processes for ensuring a seamless Dentistry One Provider-Patient experience.
Prior to joining Dentistry One, Ms. Ludwig worked for 12+ years in various roles at DentaQuest, the largest Medicaid dental benefits administrator in the US. Her primary role was responsible for collaborating with clinical providers and operations management to develop and implement non-traditional services and care models across more than 70 practices and 200 providers. She played a key role in developing high-value clinical business opportunities and defining strategic and tactical objectives to oversee community-based care coupled with integrated care models for physical, behavioral, and oral health systems.
Ms. Ludwig, in addition to dental care administration, treated at-risk patient populations as a clinical dental hygienist in both a federally qualified health center and private practice. Her background also includes coordinating dental services among various public and private dentistry stakeholders for a public health department and serving as project director for a Phase 3 randomized clinical trial of silver diamine fluoride.
- Susan Vassallo: Vassallo was promoted to Director of Marketing for MouthWatch and Dentistry One. In this role, she is responsible for driving visibility for the company’s products, services, and solutions to help ensure their sustained success.
Ms. Vassallo brings over two decades of leadership experience in marketing communications and brand management to the company. Prior to joining MouthWatch and Dentistry One, her work in creating and deploying marketing communications strategies and initiatives contributed to growing a $1.5 billion national healthcare distributor into a multi-billion dollar global Fortune 500 health solutions company serving dental and medical practitioners across 32 countries.
Ms. Vassallo is passionate about raising awareness for important health topics and uncovering opportunities to increase access to care.
- Product Awards: The MouthWatch Intraoral Camera continued its winning streak by taking a 2023 Dentaltown Magazine Townie Choice Award in its category for the fourth consecutive year.
In addition, the dental industry online forum and community, Nifty Thrifty Dentists, awarded the MouthWatch Intraoral Camera with a best product award based on its value and performance.
The company’s newest product, The MouthWatch Plus+ HD Intraoral Camera was recognized with three separate awards by Dentistry Today Magazine: “Top 50 Technology Products,” “Readers’ Choice Top 100 Products,” and “Top Innovative Products.”
“The success we achieved during 2023 was possible because of the outstanding expertise of the MouthWatch and Dentistry One team and the deep commitment we share to improve oral health and help our customers achieve their goals,” said Mr. Herman. “We look forward to taking on 2024 and beyond with the same vigor and enthusiasm we experienced this past year.”
About MouthWatch, LLC
MouthWatch, LLC, is a leader in developing digital technology solutions that drive success for dental professionals, improve oral health care, and enhance the overall patient experience.
Headquartered in Metuchen, New Jersey, MouthWatch is widely known for its intraoral cameras that help engage patients in treatment planning through high-quality, affordable imaging technology, and its TeleDent software that provides practices and organizations with a teledentistry option to engage patients with providers remotely.
MouthWatch launched Dentistry.One, a virtual-first care network that addresses the expectations of today’s modern healthcare consumers, the need for greater efficiency in healthcare, and the proven connection between good oral health and total health. Dentistry.One features on-demand dental consultations, personalized care coordination, and oral health coaching for prioritizing oral health.
MouthWatch hardware and software are in use at over 40,000 practices, over 40 leading Dental Service Organizations (DSOs), and over 100 dental and hygiene schools. The company has been recognized three times in the Inc. 5000.