Perimetrics, Inc., an advanced artificial intelligence (AI) dental diagnostics company, recently announced the creation of its clinical advisory board consisting of industry leaders in general dentistry, endodontics, periodontics, and prosthodontics, including experts from Tufts University and University of Connecticut Health Sciences as well as those in private practice. Comprised of eight founding members, the Perimetrics clinical advisory board will provide strategic and clinical insights as the company seeks regulatory approval for InnerView Technology, a first-of-its kind dental diagnostic system to detect cracks, failing restorations, and mobility in teeth.
“As we bring a new disruptive technology to the dental industry, the clinical advisory board is a crucial element in understanding how InnerView will be utilized in the clinical setting and the needs of patients,” said Robert Hayman, CEO, chairman of Perimetrics. “The clinical advisory board is very invested in guiding Perimetrics through clinical development to the commercial launch, providing real-world insights into the current pain points when detecting tooth damage.”
The Perimetrics clinical advisory board will offer subject-matter expertise and deeper level understanding of the challenges in detecting tooth damage, including cracks, failing restorations, and mobility in teeth. The experts will guide the company as it brings InnerView to market, it continues to expand the technology and capabilities, and it develops new and innovative applications.
The clinical advisory board members include:
- Jeffrey B. Dalin, DDS, FACD, FAGD, FICD, FADI – Dr. Dalin practices general dentistry at his private practice in St. Louis. He was the editor of St. Louis Dentistry Magazine for over 20 years and is a spokesperson for the Missouri Dental Association and the Greater St. Louis Dental Society. Dr. Dalin co-founded Give Kids a Smile, which delivers full-service dental care to children who do not have access.
- Jack L. Ferracane, PhD – Dr. Ferracane is a professor and chair of the Department of Oral Rehabilitation and Biosciences at Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, Oregon. He is a founding fellow and past-President of the Academy of Dental Materials as well as a past-President of the American Association for Dental Research. Dr. Ferracane has conducted extensive research on dental materials science, with a focus on cracks, and has authored or co-authored several textbooks on dental materials and operative dentistry.
- Robert Kelly, DDS, MS, DMedSc – Dr. Kelly is professor emeritus at the University of Connecticut Health Sciences, Institute of Materials Science where he teaches graduate prosthodontics and biomaterials. He is the vice chairman of the American Dental Association Standards Committee on Dental Products and past president of the American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics. Dr. Kelly was awarded the Distinguished Scientist Award by the International Association for Dental Research in 2016.
- Kenneth A. Malament, DDS, MScD – Dr. Malament is a clinical professor of Dental Medicine and Prosthodontics at Tufts University and is currently the president of the Academy of Prosthodontics and president-elect of the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry. His full-time practice in Boston is limited to prosthodontics and includes a dental laboratory with master dental technologists. Dr. Malament has been the recipient of numerous awards in prosthodontics including the American College of Prosthodontists’ Clinician/Researcher Award, and the Daniel F. Gordon Award for Lifetime Achievement and Distinguished Lecturer Award.
- Linda C. Niessen, DMD, MPH, MPP – Dr. Niessen serves as vice provost for Oral Health Affairs at Kansas City University (KCU) and is founding dean and professor for the KCU College of Dental Medicine in Joplin, Missouri. She is a diplomate of the American Board of Dental Public Health and the American Board of Special Care Dentistry. Dr. Niessen was vice president and chief clinical Officer for DENTSPLY International, a dental manufacturing company, where she oversaw the global clinical education and professional relations activities.
- Clifford J. Ruddle, DDS, FACD, FICD – Dr. Ruddle is the founder and Director of Advanced Endodontics, an educational organization focused on endodontic technologies and techniques, He is an assistant professor of Graduate Endodontics at Loma Linda University and University of California, Los Angeles, as well as an associate clinical professor at University of California, San Francisco. Dr. Ruddle also is a diplomate of the American Board of Endodontics and a fellow of the American College of Dentists and International College of Dentists.
- E. Todd Scheyer, DDS, MS – Dr. Scheyer is a board-certified periodontist at Perio Health Professionals in Houston. He currently serves on the board of trustees for the American Academy of Periodontology, is the past-president of the Southwest Society of Periodontists and is past-president-elect of the Texas Society of Periodontists. Dr. Scheyer has received numerous awards for his work including the Clinical Research Award from the American Academy of Periodontology.
- John West, DDS, MSD – Dr. West is the founder and a practicing endodontist at the Center for Endodontics in Tacoma, Washington and an affiliate associate professor at the University of Washington. He is an associate editor for Endodontic Practice US and serves on the editorial advisory boards of several peer-reviewed journals including The Journal of Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry. Dr. West has authored or co-authored numerous books on endodontics including Esthetic Management of Endodontically Treated Teeth in the third edition of “Esthetics in Dentistry.”
“The current tools for diagnosing tooth damage are so limited in their effectiveness that dentists often feel like they are flying blind,” said Cherilyn Sheets, DDS, director and co-founder of Perimetrics.” Now, we are on the cusp of changing how we as clinicians practice dentistry, providing an innovative solution to finding cracked teeth, failed restorations, and abnormal mobility. We are very proud to have assembled such an esteemed group for our clinical advisory board who will work with us to support our mission of solving dentistry’s biggest diagnostic issue.”
About Perimetrics, Inc.
Perimetrics, Inc. is an advanced artificial intelligence (AI) diagnostics company that develops innovative solutions for dentistry. Through our collaborative model, we fuse science, engineering and technology together to develop advanced diagnostics for dentistry, solving the number one issue of undiagnosable cracks and failing restorations.
For more information on Perimetrics and InnerView Technology, visit https://www.perimetrics.ai/.
FEATURED IMAGE CREDIT: Gerd Altmann from Pixabay.