Let Skip Truitt teach you about maxillofacial orthopaedics and orthodontics from the comfort of your own home.
Held on the 5 and 6 December, Skip will show attendees how to implement orthopaedic and orthodontic therapy into their own practice.
The course will cover:
- Distinguishing between orthopaedic versus orthodontic therapy
- Orthopaedic treatment options for patients with dental and skeletal imbalances
- The concept of early interceptive orthopaedic treatment
- Embryology and anatomy of the growing patient and factors influencing the development of the facial and alveolar bone
- How to identify patients that require early interceptive orthopaedic treatment
- How to obtain the necessary records leading to diagnosis and treatment of skeletal and dental imbalances
- Step by step guide through case analysis and formulation of a treatment plan
- Provision, maintenance and adjustment of the orthopaedic appliances
- How to implement orthopaedic and orthodontic treatment into your own practice.
Enlightening the profession
But don’t take our word for how great this course is. Below is the response from one delegate who attended Skip’s course before the lockdown.
‘The real reason for this letter is to say thank you.
‘There is no way my career would have been as satisfying, enjoyable and profitable if I hadn’t met and learned from you. You were way ahead of the pack in the 1980s. What you were teaching then is still way ahead of the vast majority of our profession today.
‘Increasing numbers of doctors and patients are becoming more aware of how to influence craniofacial growth and development. More importantly they are becoming aware of the influence of facial growth on sleep, pain, intelligence, overall health and so on.
‘The other side of the coin is that we are not at the tipping point yet where most are enlightened. There is more work to do to help so many people.
‘Your enthusiasm and your intelligence has been such an inspiration to me.
‘Your willingness to find five different ways to teach someone a concept to which they didn’t quite grasp, was always admirable to me and each of the staff members I brought to your courses.
‘You will never know how many times my staff commented on that. When they would see you still teaching at the parties at your home. And none of us will forget the parties!
‘My partner is practising with me, so I have eased up a bit. But I don’t see myself quitting for a long time.
‘You have raised this portion of the profession to an art; and somebody recently told me that when a person is practising as an art form, you wouldn’t suggest that they “retire” any more than you would suggest that Michelangelo, or Salvador Dali or BB King retire.
‘I owe that luxury and privilege to you.
‘So I hope we are both at it for a number of years yet. At the same time, as I get older, I am learning to say what I have to say now, as I might not have the opportunity later.
‘So my dear friend, thanks once again for all that you have done for me.’
For more information and to register for the course, simply visit courses.archformbyte.com or call +44 (0) 114 261 6800.