Dentsply Sirona World 2023 took place September 21-23 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Thousands of dental professionals came together for an engaging, empowering, and unique experience with over 130 education courses presented by more than 100 distinguished experts. With this year’s theme of “The Future of Care,” Dentsply Sirona announced the addition of several new products and solutions to their highly integrated product portfolio as well as discussed their ongoing initiatives to address sustainability.
Upcoming Dentsply Sirona Products and Solutions Launches
Adding to its comprehensive portfolio, Dentsply Sirona announced and showcased new products and solutions* in Las Vegas:
- Updates in DS Core’s Communication Canvas, Ordering and Viewer functionalities, which will allow, among other things, annotations on 2D x-ray, 2D media, and 2D CBCT slices, both freehand drawing and text; supports GDPR/HIPAA compliant file sharing with patients; improved chat function for better accessibility from mobile devices and the capability to view even more data formats such as STL and PLY, making DS Core a powerful communication and collaboration tool for users of 3rd party IO-scanners.
- SureSmileTM Simulator**: The SureSmile Simulator, powered by DS Core, empowers dental professionals to transform treatment conversations by showing patients the potential esthetic benefits and helping them make informed and timely decisions. Prior to treatment planning, the SureSmile Simulator assists dental professionals in evaluating each case. By measuring initial models and generating estimated treatment duration and complexity from the post-simulation results, clinicians can enter the planning phase with greater insight.
- OSSIX AgileTM: The pericardium membrane along with the GLYMATRIX® sugar cross-linking properties of OSSIX Agile™ provides longevity and biocompatibility, resulting in low host reactions and a long-lasting barrier effect.
- Midwest® EnergoTM: A complete new electric handpiece series. With a significantly increased lifetime and equipped with a variety of innovations, this new line is designed to make daily treatment even easier and more pleasant.
Other existing and recently launched solutions such as Primescan, Primeprint, Primemill, Axeos, and OmniTaper EV Implant, the latest addition to the EV implants family, are also available for hands-on experiences and demonstrations in Las Vegas. Participants can also take part in the DS Core Showcase, a new educational experience to help gain a true understanding of the power of the cloud solution in a realistic practice environment.
Innovating BEYOND: Taking Action for a More Sustainable Future
As part of the ongoing comprehensive sustainability strategy BEYOND, Dentsply Sirona hosts Dr. Moataz Kasrawy, DDS, and Dr. Steven Mulligan, clinician, teacher and researcher based in U.K, and founding member of the FDI World Dental Federation’s Sustainability in Dentistry Task Team, and Dr. Rainer Seemann, VP Clinical Affairs and Workflows at Dentsply Sirona, as they lead a breakout session called “5 Tips to Make Your Practice More Sustainable.”
For more information on Dentsply Sirona World 2023, please visit: https://www.dentsplysirona.com/en-us/lp/ds-world.html
* Due to the different approval and registration times, not all technologies and products are immediately available in all countries.
**Requires user to have a DS Core subscription and Primescan IOS. Displayed results are a simulation of potential aligner treatment and not a prescribed treatment plan, which has to be directed by the dentist and complied with by the patient. Actual treatment outcomes may differ substantially.