FMC hosted the first industry golf event for over two years on the 24 September at Hadley Wood Golf Club.
The idea behind the event was to reconnect and bind the industry together in a way that FMC believes is most effective.
Being the first golf event for quite a long time, attendance was high. Around 40 of the industry’s finest golfers arrived to test themselves on this tricky golf course. And FMC couldn’t have picked a better day. It was 24 degrees and sunny with a light breeze – perfect for golf.
‘It was great to see so many industry leaders get together after such a turbulent period,’ Ken Finlayson, FMC CEO, said.
‘The camaraderie and joy to meet and share experiences and renew old friendships was palpable.
‘The dental world has suffered as much as any other sector over the pandemic. It was uplifting to see normality returning to our industry.
‘Here’s to the next gathering!’
Kickstarting dental industry golf
The format for the day was a team competition, with individual prizes given out too.
However, in his introduction, Ken pointed out the day was not about individual achievement or winning, it was about teamwork and everybody staying together.
After a classic golfer’s breakfast of sausage and bacon butty’s, everyone went out to practise. The groups of four went and came back at a slower speed than expected. The majority of time was spent looking for lost golf balls in the rough. The scoring was admirable given the 18-month break everyone had.
‘Let’s hope this kickstarts dental industry golf,’ Julian English, editorial director, said.
‘This is a sport that is systemic to the dental industry. It’s been away for too long!’
Prizes given on the day
- Overall winner of 2021 FMC Golf Invitational – James Salter
- Second place – Richard Thomas
- Overall winning team – James Salter, Matt Turner, John Maloney, Chris Meldrum
- Outstanding player of the day – Craig Mayoh
- Longest drive – Craig Mayoh
- Nearest the pin – James Salter, Grant Long.
- Mark Allen – Coltene
- Patrick Allen – Henry Schein
- David Angus – Braemar
- Phillip Barker – Mediestates
- Chris Bartlett – Dental Routes
- Sam Beadle – Medicruit
- Blair Bexon – Software of Excellence
- Stuart Burn – Performance Finance
- Simon Button – Qudent
- Gary Chapman – Portman
- Jack Chapman – Closerstill Media
- Ed Conduit – QED
- Nigel Ellis – Cattani
- Julian English – FMC
- Ken Finlayson – FMC
- Simon Freeman – Snowbird Finance
- Michael George – Dentalair
- Martyn Jones – Shire Financial Services
- Biju Krishnan – C-fast
- Grant Long – Kent Express
- John Maloney – GC
- John Marchant – Cfast
- Gary Marvin – Henry Schein
- Craig Mayoh – Kemdent
- Chris Meldrum – Digital Imaging Company
- David Miller – Heraeus Kulzer UK
- Tim Moloney – FMC
- Harry Morris – EMS
- Charlie Nicholas – Endoperfection
- Stephen Price – Takara Belmont
- James Salter – Henry Schein
- Brent Sercombe – DD
- Richard Thomas – Curaden
- Andrew Thurston – Voco
- Matt Turner – A-dec
- Rob Washington – Dentsply Sirona.
Follow Dentistry.co.uk on Instagram to keep up with all the latest dental news and trends.