Are people in your workplace guilty of using buzzwords such as ‘touching base’ or having some ‘blue sky thinking’?
Or are you surrounded by people who far too often fail to watch their P’s and Q’s?
Then its time for them to pay up.
This is fun way of raising funds and breaking from those bad habits, just pop a small donations in a jar for each indiscretion.
Why not make it really interesting and vary the level of donation depending on the seriousness of the swear or the level of cringe which the buzzword evokes.
What you need
A list of words which cannot be said with an appropriate fine.
A jar or tin to collect fines.
A camera and social media account to shout about it.
Steps to start your word jar
- Let people know what you are doing and decide on what can’t be said and how much to fine.
- Print off posters so everyone is aware if the consequences of an indiscretion.
- Let us know what you’re up to through our website so we can help promote it and build more support.
- Place your word jar in an obvious place so people can be seen paying their fines.
- Take lots of pictures and share them with our community on social media.
- Let us know what you have achieved and send your donation to us to help us continue our work.